Microsoft to license Unix code

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Tue May 20 16:47:43 EDT 2003

In a message dated: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:19:33 EDT
Jason Stephenson said:

>> Seems a lot for a license that they have no obvious use for.
>
>Microsoft probably sees it as an investment. Ten to twenty million can
>buy quite a bit of lawyer time for SCO.

And $10-$20 million is probably less than they pay for their Corporate
Legal Affairs letterhead on an annual basis !  Talk about getting a
huge return on their investment.  This has the potential to do
everything they've ever dreamed about but couldn't figure out how to!
--

Seeya,
Paul