rsync, passwords and getting my logs

brian lists at karas.net
Tue May 27 13:52:36 EDT 2003

'Twere it me, I'd use scp and keys.  Makes SSH easier and allows for
secure copying without having to dork with passwords.

BTW, on a related note, I've been working on the same concept, but am
parsing log files from many servers into a MySQL database.  Makes for
easy lookup of issues, and also easy ability to look for similar issues
(ie: attack singatures) on many boxes at once and draw (intelligent?)
conclusions programmatically.