bash bug - expansion of env vars containing '?'

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Mon Nov 10 09:49:37 EST 2003

Derek Martin writes:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 09:01:58AM -0500, Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> >
> > Michael ODonnell writes:
> >
> > > Maybe it's behavior that's been broken forever and
> > > they only just got around to fixing it...
> >
> > I'm not so sure; I think that this bug must be somewhat recent:
>
> I think that what mod meant was that the old behavior is considered
> broken, and the new behavior is thought to fix it.

I guess that I'm going under the assumption that mod's shell isn't
doing anything non-obvious with pathname expansion, nullglob is not
set, GLOBIGNORE isn't set, etc.  I consider this to be extremely
unlikely.  If all of this is true, then (unless I am overlooking
something else) there is a bug.

Regards,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)