Verizon email problems

Chris Brenton cbrenton at chrisbrenton.org
Wed Nov 12 13:37:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 13:15, bscott at ntisys.com wrote:

>   Also, another tip: Instead of using a serial number of the form YYYYMMDD,
> use YYYYMMDDNN, where "NN" gets incremented for each change that day.

Be careful with using NN instead of N. I've run into name server
packages that only permit a nine digit serial number. They end up
truncating the value so 2003111201 becomes 003111201. This can lead to
unexpected results (like secondaries thinking they already have a higher
serial number).

I have yet to see a name server that supports less than nine digits. If
someone is aware of one, please sing out.

HTH,