DNS problems

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Mon Nov 17 11:07:14 EST 2003

On 17 Nov 2003, at 10:32am, jbd at codemeta.com wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems with DNS? Things like doing reverse lookups
> of IP addresses?

  Well, as of 11:01 AM, a couple of quick spot-checks seem to indicate that
ARIN's nameservers are all operating just fine right now.  Do you have a
particular address or addresses I could try?

> Getting back empty results from whois.arin.net?

  That WHOIS server (which has no technical connection to DNS, I should
point out -- one can fail independently of the other) appears to be working,
also.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>