Linux Business Proposals?

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Sun Oct 12 22:55:25 EDT 2003

Hello All,

I was just curious if anyone has had any success with writing a proposal
for their company to increase the use of Linux.

I'm really interested in seeing what approached have worked and what
management thought.  (And yes, I have read the Advocacy HowTo.)

A recent announcement at the company I work for that they will be moving
to a .NET base got me nervous.  I work in tech supportr and I have to
support this.  Anything I can do to move to a more easily supported
architecture would be much better.  I was thinking of proposing a custom
Linux install with our software integrated... Something easy for the
end-user like SuSE, Mandrake, or RedHat. (I like Mandrake for itiots as
end users, myself.  All it would really need is Apache, Perl, and mySQL.
  Webmin makes things easy for the end user...) But aside from the
details of what I am trying to do, I'm really intersted in seeing
proposals that have workd in similar situations.

Anyone have any that have worked?

Thaks in advance,

Brian