Allowing remote root login

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Thu Oct 16 10:45:54 EDT 2003

On 16 Oct 2003, at 9:51am, jbd at codemeta.com wrote:
> This will probably start another flame war ...

  Too late.

> ... but I'm getting upset by people who complain and yet do nothing to
> help the situation.

  Well, FWIW, Bruce, I don't think anyone here is complaining about the
server, at least in this thread.  I think this is a behavioral thing.

  Also, and again FWIW, thanks again for all the the time and effort, not to
mention hardware and bandwidth, you put into maintaining GNHLUG's IT
infrastructure.  I know from experience that such is one of the most
under-appreciated roles in existence.  I'm sure you don't get nearly enough
appreciation.

> And yet we just sit around and complain.

  I'm starting to think that is part of the human condition, and not just
limited to this list, or Open Source, or even IT.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>