Connecting to Comcast

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Tue Sep 23 06:17:12 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 06:03:40AM -0400, Chris Brenton wrote:
> The registration is tied to the MAC address of your external NIC, so if
> you ever swap Ethernet cards you have to re-register.

As of when I left Comcast in March, this was not true.  I had dealt
with tech support and they told me they no longer do this.  I
subsequently switched computers (I got the connection working with my
laptop and its built-in NIC, and then switched to my firewall without
doing anything to mimic the MAC or what have you) with no difficulty.

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/