MELBA Quarterly meeting announcement / advertising

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Mon Apr 19 09:57:01 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:39:35 -0400 (EDT)
bscott at ntisys.com wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, at 1:55pm, greg at freephile.com wrote:
> > I would like to start announcing the meeting ...
>
>   Maybe I'm just picky, but I think meeting announcements should generally
> include the date, time, and location of the meeting.  ;-)

Depends on whether the announcer wants people to come.    :)

Seriously, there have been any number of meetings which people
(read: me) might have sincerely desired to attend, but which were
no longer possible by the time an announcement arrived a day or
so before the event (or on the same day!).

This is a phenomenon not limited to gnhlug, nor even to electronic
lists.  (In no case that I'm aware of has it helped to have the
schedule on a Web site somewhere - again a phenomenon not limited to
gnhlug - in no case that I'm aware of has any group been able to
keep a Web site sufficiently current that members would actually
go there to see what's going to happen at next month's meeeting.)

But we do know about Greg's talk.  ("Blessed is he who toots his
own horn, lest the same not tooted be." :)  See you on the 28th!

-Bill