MELBA Quarterly meeting announcement / advertising

Dan Jenkins dan at rastech.com
Mon Apr 19 10:44:00 EDT 2004

Bill Sconce wrote:

>Seriously, there have been any number of meetings which people
>(read: me) might have sincerely desired to attend, but which were
>no longer possible by the time an announcement arrived a day or
>so before the event (or on the same day!).

Or even the day AFTER a couple of times.

I'm a member of a group that periodically has web get-togethers. The
webmaster posts the
schedule once a month. He sends out an announcement a week before for
major events.
He sends out a notice the day of (since it is an online thing, that's
not too late). Then he
sends out a notice when the event starts. It is alot of work since,
AFAIK, he doesn't
do any scripting. That is perfect for me. I can plan it in weeks ahead.
I get a reminder
that it is coming up in a few days and then a reminder that it is on
that day.

That is alot of work though. Just a notice a week in advance would be
nice. I've seen
several events I would have been interested in attending. (And I'm not
generally an
attending person.) But, a few hours notice, or even a day, just isn't
enough time for me.

--
Dan Jenkins (dan at rastech.com)
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-624-7272