On Nh living and commutes..

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Thu Apr 22 19:08:01 EDT 2004

David Roberts wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Michael Costolo stated in their Email:
>
> Mike> From: Michael Costolo <mcostolo at yahoo.com>
> Mike> To: Travis Roy <travis at scootz.net>, Jared Watkins <jared at watkins.net>
> Mike> Cc: gnhlug-discuss at mail.gnhlug.org
> Mike> Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:13:31 -0700 (PDT)
> Mike> Subject: Re: On Nh living and commutes..
> Mike>
> Mike>
> Mike> --- Travis Roy <travis at scootz.net> wrote:
> Mike> > 3 is going to suck in Mass...
> Mike>
> Mike> It should be pointed out, however, that the construction on Rt.
> Mike> 3 is due to be finished this summer.  And as the number of lanes
> Mike> is doubling in many places, the traffic situation on 3 is
> Mike> certain to improve.  Hopefully significantly.  The Amherst to
> Mike> Chelmsford commute should be about 30ish minutes once they're
> Mike> done.
>
> yeah - except for the fact NH was thinking of opening up (read that
> as road construction) I93 from Manchester to the MA line last I
> knew...  A lot of the northern commuters will probably jump over to
> RT3 jacking up our traffic if they do (and I93 won't be a picnic
> either).

Except that NH is doing it in chunks.. If you notice the bridges are
already wider and ready for more lanes. As is the 93/293 split.. So all
they really have to do is add the lanes.. And they'll do that in chunks
to so it won't effect the commute as much as the rt 3 project did where
they did it all at once.