MELBA Quarterly meeting announcement / advertising

Greg Rundlett greg at freephile.com
Sat Apr 24 17:53:01 EDT 2004

bscott at ntisys.com wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, at 1:55pm, greg at freephile.com wrote:
>
>>I would like to start announcing the meeting ...
>

>   Maybe I'm just picky, but I think meeting announcements should generally
> include the date, time, and location of the meeting.  ;-)
>
>   (Yes, I realize you mentioned MELBA, but one would have to know the
> details about MELBA (like what it is), and their regular meeting schedule,
> which is far from self-explanatory.)
>
>   Is the following correct?  If it is, I will post it on the GNHLUG home
> page (which anyone else can do, too, BTW).

The following information is correct.  I didn't want to specify exact
time and place because I didn't have a chance to confirm it with Rob
Lembree earlier.  I *did* just login to the gnhlug.org wiki, and added
the information to the homepage under 'upcoming events'.

>   What : GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) 2.0
>   Who  : Greg Rundlett
>   Date : Wed 28 Apr 2004
>   Time : Presentation at 7:30 PM (dinner starts around 6 PM)
>   Place: Martha's Exchange, Nashua, NH
>
>   (FWIW, I'm interested in the presentation, although I don't think I will
> be able to make the Wednesday date.  Perhaps an encore presentation at one
> of the other LUGs?)

An encore presentation might be possible, no commitment yet.