rebuilding RPMs (upgrade issues)

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Mon Aug 2 12:47:00 EDT 2004

   My track record upgrading Red Hat has been spotty.  Some work, some don't.

 > Does anyone have an opinion on which path will most likely achieve an
 > upgraded system with the least amount of pain?

   I think another consideration also has to be the long-term stability.  If
you hand upgrade, are you sure you'll get everything?

   Either way, I'd opt for option A.  It'd probably be less time consuming and
I know I'd feel more confident with the freshly installed system.

 Regards,
 .
 Randy

--
Asking an MSCE to make an unbiased choice about software is like asking a Ford
dealer's mechanic how reliable Toyotas or Pontiacs are.