rebuilding RPMs (upgrade issues)

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Mon Aug 2 16:15:01 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 15:22, Greg Rundlett wrote:
> I think I knew this, I guess I just needed someone to tell me to suck it
> up and do the work--there is no shortcut.

Glad to be a swift kick in the motivational aspect of your posterior.
:-)

Anyway, I need to upgrade several of my systems to FC2 from FC1, but
have been holding off for fear of problems that may eat up extra time.
Also, I'm not quite sure what FC2 would give me over FC1, though some
software is only being made available for FC2 in RPM form.

> >I recall having problems just going from RH8 to RH9. I personally would
> >strongly urge (A).
> >

> The upgrade is almost finished.  I'm now trying to figure out what FC2
> did with Cervisia.

You may have had to explicitly select for it in the development area of
the install. No bother, you can probably yum it up.

I used to use Cervisia  for a while, but have resorted to a set of
command-line scripts to handle 90% of what I use CVS for.

--
Fred -- fred at lrc.puissante.com -- place "[hey]" in your subject.
There are inflows and outflows -- and you're just a little node.