Powerbook for sale

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Tue Aug 3 09:31:00 EDT 2004

It's time for my wife to upgrade to a new iBook and I'm selling her old
Powerbook

It's a Pismo 400Mhz G3 Powerbook with 384megs ram and a 6gig hard drive.
When I used to tinker with it before Dale used it for work I did have
yellowdog linux running on it just fine (except for sound issues that
have since been resolved). (for some reason I thought it was 300Mhz, but
the sites I'm looking at say the Pismo Powerbook is 400, I'm probably
wrong)

It will come with OSX 10.3 freshly installed along with Appleworks.

It has an Airport (803.11b) card. Runs just fine. It could probably use
a new battery.

The only catch is you have to wait for the new one to come is so I can
transfer the stuff over (so the week of the 18th probably). You don't
have to pay me until you get it of course, just letting you know there
is a delay.

Asking price is $320.00

More info can be found here:

http://www.lowendmac.com/pb2/pismo.shtml

I'm doing the upgrade mostly due to the iBook's more compact size and
larger hard drive. Plus, being a teacher she gets a great deal that's
hard to pass up :) The speed boost will help greatly with her classic
apps that she still has to run for school. Most OSX apps run just fine,
including iTunes, Photoshop, and Office X.