Free WiFI at Panera Bread on Amherst St, Nashua

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Thu Aug 26 09:52:00 EDT 2004

> But no one has any substantial motivation to sue an Internet cafe out
> of existence.  They're small potatoes, and the harm they can do is
> pretty limited.  In fact, they provide a valuable service to businesses,
> by making Internet access to their employees when they can't be at the
> office (i.e. on business trips, etc.).  Vindictiveness aside, no one
> really wants to go after Internet cafes.  I think. :)

That is until somebody hacks some big company, or runs a rather large
P2P program through a few of these open cafe wifi setups (you could do
it from your house/apartment if you're close enough and with the right
antenna). Then there will be all kinds of stuff popping up trying to
shut down "anonymous" free wifi.

Nobody wants to go after them NOW, but the first time something bad
happens that gets any kind of press (kiddie porn ring) then you'll see
these getting locked up and requiring some kind of login/accountability
real quick.