Can only the 100Mbs part of a 10/100Mbs router fail?

Kevin D. Clark clark_k at pannaway.com
Wed Dec 8 10:33:00 EST 2004

kend at xan3d.com writes:

> problem with the specs, themselves.  Once again, it's a case of "the Devil is
> in the details."  I think it's the implementation -- especially cross-vendor
> issues -- that's the biggie.

FYI:  autonegotiation is specified by IEEE specs, not RFCs.

It is also my perception that the problem here is with particular
implementations and not the specs.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                     And the madness of the crowd
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                     Is an epileptic fit