I have a network problem with my hosts file :-(

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Mon Dec 13 23:30:01 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 10:16:05AM -0500, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> Is there such a thing that tells me how the resolver decides which
> szource it got its answer from?

Yes, the resolver man page does that.  Try this:

  $ man 5 resolver

If you mean to ask if there is a way to determine from what source the
resolver received a particular answer, I no of know way to make it
report that information, though you probably will  be able to reveal
it by watching the process in question with the strace/ltrace
command(s).

-=-=-=-=-