hot spot managment

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Tue Dec 14 09:16:01 EST 2004

> Lots of places like to use cordless phones... I'd check with the
> neighboring businesses to see if they use 2.4G phones... if they do...
> encourage them to change to 900mhz or something else... those 2.4G
> phones can be really disruptive to wifi... as can microwave ovens.

I have never had a problem with a microwave oven, but my 2.4ghz cordless
kills my wifi connection every time. It's starting to die and will be
replaced soon. If I put an external antenna on my Airport base station I
bet I wouldn't have the problem since I can still connect to my
neighbors Linksys without issue.