Free XML tools?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Wed Dec 15 21:37:01 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 06:59:38PM -0500, Ted Roche wrote:
> So, what are recommended for good Free (as in Freedom) XML editors?
> What kinds of capabilities do they have? I've been using Stylus Studio,
> and the ability to develop XSLT via GUI drag-and-drop matching is
> pretty cool. Also, being able to debug the XSLT "live" as it parses is
> powerful. Are there similar tools for FOSS? Linux, Mac and Windows are
> my main platforms...

From what I hear, emacs has a relatively powerful nxml mode that works
good for editing XHTML+Some XML, but I've never seen any tools that help
you develop XSLT. (Not that I've looked too hard.)

xmllint seems like it could be useful for XML processing (looking at how
it looks to the processor).

Beyond that, I don't use much of anything - My XML interests are almost
entirely RDF-based, which means that I work with graphs, not Trees.

--
Christopher Schmidt