FSF looking for Sys Admin

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Thu Dec 16 09:53:00 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 09:42:27AM -0500, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> >And that's upstate NY.  It's worse in NYC.
> >

> Actually, I believe the state tax is 7%; it's only 8.25% in NYC.

Sales tax varies per county.  It's a state base of 4.25%, then something
tacked on by the county.  Schenectady County (where my brother lives)
adds 4%.

I'll let the interested google on "sales tax NY".

> On a more Linux-y angle, has anyone tried out Trac
> (http://trac.edgewall.com/
> <http://freshmeat.net/redir/trac/48128/url_homepage/trac.edgewall.com>),
> a sort of ticket tracker/front end for Subversion.  I'm interested in
> possibly giving it a go, but between Subversion, which I've never set
> up, and Trac on top of it, it'll be a bit of an investment, and was
> hoping someone had some input.

We use a combination of RT and Twiki for issue tracking.  RT is REALLY
nice software, and is so far beating the pants off the local Remedy
server in terms of performance, usability, and features.  And price.

-Mark