Subversion

Fred puissante at biz.puissante.com
Thu Dec 16 11:26:01 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 09:42, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> On a more Linux-y angle, has anyone tried out Trac
> (http://trac.edgewall.com/
> <http://freshmeat.net/redir/trac/48128/url_homepage/trac.edgewall.com>),
> a sort of ticket tracker/front end for Subversion.  I'm interested in
> possibly giving it a go, but between Subversion, which I've never set
> up, and Trac on top of it, it'll be a bit of an investment, and was
> hoping someone had some input.

Speaking of Subversion, I'd love to hear from those who use it on a
regular basis what REAL (read: beyond the hype) advantages it has to
offer over CVS. I've grown quite fond of CVS, but it has its limits. I
understand converting from CVS to Subversion can be a bit tricky,
especially if you have forks in the development tree.

I'd love to hear anything you have to say. Thanks.

--
Fred -- fred at lrc.puissante.com -- place "[hey]" in your subject.
The mass of humans on planet Earth -- regard them as the ebbing