Subversion (oh, and PHP5)

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 13:20:01 EST 2004

Not sure if you'd call this a "serious mission-critical" application,
but http://returntothepit.com/ switched to PHP5 recently, with only
one minor speedbump, and all seems to be working just fine.  160GB of
transfer used per month,  more stats:

(all are monthly averages)
Hits per Hour 	     25299
Hits per Day 	     607196
Files per Day 	     494546
Pages per Day 	   158045
Visits per Day        7108
KBytes per Day 	   4993214

That's serious enough for me.  ;-)  As for mission-criticality, I and
my friend get inundated with hundreds of complaints if it so much as
hiccups for 5 minutes.  That makes it mission-critical to me.  :-)

There's also another minor site (about 1/10 the traffic) on the same
server, also using PHP5 extensively.  No one even noticed the change,
except for a slight speedup.

The speedbump on moving to PHP5 was that it had extended logging on by
default, and we quickly had a couple of 12 GB log files.

--DTVZ