Subversion

Jeff Macdonald macfisherman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 14:40:01 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:25:44 -0500, Fred <puissante at biz.puissante.com> wrote:
> Speaking of Subversion, I'd love to hear from those who use it on a
> regular basis what REAL (read: beyond the hype) advantages it has to
> offer over CVS. I've grown quite fond of CVS, but it has its limits. I
> understand converting from CVS to Subversion can be a bit tricky,
> especially if you have forks in the development tree.
>
> I'd love to hear anything you have to say. Thanks.

I have yet to use it, but renaming a file or directory and keeping the
history the only thing that comes to mind. Although it uses Berkeley
DB at the server, I've switched to the FSFS module. That's the file
store file store. :) In other words subversion can just use a file
system instead of Berkeley DB.

I'm using it for a single project at work and for my personal projects
at home. Some things I need to work out are getting cvsweb
functionality back and cvs2cl for Changelog functionality.

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA