Looking for a good portable linux system

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Mon Dec 20 10:19:01 EST 2004

Ah.  I had thought the requirements for MP were more
crisp.  But if MP has simply been spec'd a general
hedge against GUI update latencies or other human
interface quality issues, I'll bet you a beer that a
single hyperthreaded core will address most such issues
(assuming there is any MP aspect to the problem in the
first place) and cost rather less.  You might have to
tinker with CPU affinities and such (or temporarily
shutdown troublesome daemons, as has already been
suggested) but you'd likely have to do that anyway.