Linux box on multiple subnets

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Thu Dec 23 10:03:42 EST 2004

What distribution is it running?

Essentially, you'll create an IP alias (eth0:0, eth0:1, ...) with each
alias having an IP address on a subnet.

For example:

  ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.1.10 up
  ifconfig eth0:1 10.10.1.1 up

However, getting things set up so that the configuration is retained
over reboots is rather distribution specific.

--Bruce