looking for SCSI cable ..

Fred puissante at biz.puissante.com
Wed Dec 29 02:23:01 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 13:45 -0500, Michael ODonnell wrote:

> > Does anyone have a male HD50 to male HD68 SCSI cable collecting
> > dust?  If so, I'd be interested in getting it from you ..  if the
> > price is reasonable.  Just built my new box and am trying to
> > connect a older HP Scanjet 5p through a PCI SCSI controller ..
> > but the problem is that the interface connectors are different.
> > <sigh> And looking around on the web, man, these cables are some
> > pricey little buggers!!!!

Speaking of ScanJets, I have an old big flatbed ScanJet IIcx that is
just gathering dust in my basement. It's 300dpi, and may be willing to
let it go for a somewhat reasonable price. It pains me I paid $1000 for
it way back when when today's scanners sell for less than $100, so I'm
not expecting much.

As for SCSI cables, I think I have one or two laying around in the
depths of my basement somewhere, probably still attached to my old Amiga
that I haven't fired up since my 12-year-old was using it back when she
was 2. She did wild things with Deluxe Paint back then.

Today, she still paints -- oh, and build robots and creates websites
(pinkpyro.com). And she likes Linux over Windows, even though she still
uses Windows for some of her art. :-(

Oh, we were talking about SCSI cables? Oh well, it brought back some
memories. I must be a super-geek if a damned *computer cable* brings
back fond memories.

On a different note, I was drooling over a few motherboards today at
Showtime Computer. The Athlon 64 caught my attention. Think I'm way
overdue for an upgrade. I was actually surprised to find out M$ has not
come out with their 64-bit version of Windows yet -- Linux beat them to
the punch! Actually, knowing something about the Windows OS, I'm not too
surprised it's taking them so long. There's a LOT of ugly stuff in
Windows that probably had to be re-written for the 64-bit platform. If
they had the slightest bit of sense they'd throw out the entire abortion
and rewrite the OS from scratch. Oh well...

--
Fred Mitchell, HydraNuke.com
E-Commerce and Hosting Solutions