redhat 9 iso image files

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Wed Feb 11 09:29:02 EST 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:22:31 -0800 (PST)
micheal kasuba <n1xoa at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hello I'm in downloading redhat 9 iso file. I'm not
> sure how to use them after downloading. I plan on
> burnning to a cd-rom disk. So I can install redhat 9.
> CAn any one help me with how to do this. Thanks for
> any help you can give me as I'm still new to linux.
> I'm also looking for sstv program for linux and a good
> satellite tracking program for linux.
> John

I know you're working on Red Hat, but I recommend to
everyone that they consider Libranet (a Debian-based
distribution).  Costs money, but worth it (my opinion)
because of the integration and time saved, especially
in first-time installation.

That said, and CDs aside, Debian has a number of ham-radio
related packages.

For sstv I see "qsstv", and for satellite tracking, "gpredict",
"ktrack", "mtrack", "predict", "predict-gsat", "sattrack",
and "sattrack-x11".

There's a lot of ham radio activity in the Debian community.

HTH, es 73
-Bill N1BFK

  http://packages.debian.org/unstable/hamradio/

acfax (981011-8)
    Receive faxes using your radio and sound card
ao40tlmview (1.03-1)
    Decoder and Viewer for AO-40 Telemetry
aprsd (1:2.2.5-13-1)
    Internet Gateway for the Automatic Position Reporting System
aprsdigi (2.0-0pre3.4)
    Digipeater for APRS
ax25-apps (0.0.6-4)
    AX25 ham radio applications
ax25-tools (0.0.8-4.1)
    AX-25 tools
ax25-xtools (0.0.8-4.1)
    AX-25 tools (X versions)
ax25spyd (0.23-6 [alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc], 0.23-4 [m68k, mips])
    AX.25 traffic analyzer, dumper and spy daemon
baken (0.5.1-1)
    Visualisation of European VHF/UHF and microwave beacons
baycomepp (0.10-3)
    Drivers for the HB9JNX packet radio epp modem
baycomusb (0.10-1)
    Drivers for the HB9JNX packet radio usb modem
colrconv (0.99.3-1)
    Convers client with curses color support
cw (2.2-8 [alpha, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, powerpc, s390, sparc], 2.2-7 [arm, mipsel])
    Command-line frontend to unixcw
cwcp (2.2-8 [alpha, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, powerpc, s390, sparc], 2.2-7 [arm, mipsel])
    Ncurses frontend to unixcw
cwdaemon (0.7)
    Morse daemon for the parallel or serial port
dgipip (0.1a-4)
    AMPRNet dynamic IPIP encapsulation routing daemon
fbb (7.04j-1)
    Packet radio mailbox and utilities
gcb (1.07.3)
    Utility to calculate long and short path to a location
glfer (0.3.3-1)
    program for reception and transmission of QRSS/DFCW signals
gmfsk (0.5+0.6beta2-1 [alpha, hppa, i386, ia64, mips, powerpc, s390, sparc], 0.5-1 [arm, m68k, mipsel])
    MFSK, RTTY and other digital mode terminal for HF/amateur radio
gpredict (0.4.0-3)
    Satellite tracking program for GNOME
gpsk31 (0.2.4a-5)
    A gtk based psk31
grig (0.2.2-3)
    Graphical user interface to the Ham Radio Control Libraries
hamfax (0.6.3-1)
    Receive/send radio facsimile transmissions with Soundcard/PTC-II
hamlib-utils (1.1.4-6)
    Utilities to support the hamlib radio control library
hamsoft (0.2.2)
    Reader for new hamradio linux software at radio.linux.org.au
ibp (0.21-1 [alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc], 0.20-4 [hurd-i386])
    Viewer for the International Beacon Project
icom (20020923-2)
    Software control for ICOM radios
icomlib-bin (1.0.1-6)
    Icom PCR-1000 command line control
klog (0.2.7-1 [alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390], 0.2.5-1 [sparc])
    KDE ham radio logging program
kpsk (1.0-1)
    PSK31 transmission mode Terminal for KDE3
ktrack (0.3.0-alpha1-5 [alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, powerpc], 0.3.0-alpha1-4.1 [mips, mipsel], 0.3.0-alpha1-4 [s390], 0.3.0-alpha1-3 [sparc])
    KDE Satellite tracking program
linpac (0.16stable-0.1)
    terminal for packet radio with mail client
linpsk (0.7.1-1)
    Program for operating PSK31/RTTY modes with X GUI
linwsjt (0.4.7-2)
    digital modes used for DX work on VHF/UHF and Microwave
modemp3d (0.1-5)
    AO-40 (Phase3D) Soundcard Telemetry Decoder
mtrack (0.3-1)
    Graphical satellite tracker for X11
multimon (1.0-3)
    Linux Radio Transmission Decoder
nec (2-9 [alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc], 2-8 [mips])
    NEC2 Antenna Modelling System
node (0.3.2-1)
    Amateur Packet Radio Node program
p10cfgd (1.0-11)
    Remote configuration daemon for Gracilis Packeten.
pcrd (0.10-2)
    PCR-1000 Control Daemon / Command Line Interface
phaseshift (0.40-7)
    PSK31 terminal for X11
pileup (1.2-11)
    Morse code pileup trainer for SB compatible soundcards
predict (2.2.2-4)
    Satellite Tracking Program with Optional Voice Output
predict-gsat (2.2.2-4)
    Graphical Satellite Tracking Client Program
psk31lx (2.1-3)
    Soundcard-based ncurses program for operating PSK31
qpcr1k (1.0.1-6)
    Icom PCR-1000 GUI control
qsstv (5.2d-8)
    Qt-based slow-scan TV and fax
rspfd (1.1-1)
    Radio Shortest Path Daemon
rx320 (1.0-2)
    Control a Ten-Tec RX-320 receiver
sattrack (3.1.6-9) [non-free]
    satellite tracker and prediction
sattrack-x11 (3.1.6-9) [non-free]
    satellite tracker and prediction
soundmodem (0.7-1)
    Sound Card Amateur Packet Radio Modems
splat (1.0.3-1)
    analyze point-to-point terrestrial RF communication links
tlf (0.9.13-1)
    Console mode purpose CW keyer, logging- and contest program
trustedqsl (1.10-2)
    QSL log signing for the Logbook of the World (LoTW)
twclock (2.1-1)
    Clock program for hamradio operators
twlog (1.3-3)
    Logging program for hamradio operators
twpsk (2.1-3)
    Soundcard-based X program for operating PSK31
unixcw (2.2-8 [alpha, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, powerpc, s390, sparc], 2.2-7 [arm, mipsel])
    Shared library for Morse programs
wwl (1.1-6)
    Calculates distance and azimuth between two Maidenhead locators
xastir (1.2.0-1)
    X Amateur Station Tracking and Information Reporting
xcall (0.15)
    Packet radio program for X/GTK
xconvers (0.8.2)
    Hamradio convers client for X/GTK
xcwcp (2.2-8 [alpha, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, powerpc, s390, sparc], 2.2-7 [arm, mipsel])
    Qt frontend to unixcw
xdx (1.1)
    DX-cluster tcp/ip client for amateur radio
xlog (0.9.1)
    GTK+ Logging program for Hamradio Operators
xnecview (1.34-2)
    NEC structure and gain pattern viewer
xsmc-calc (1.0.0-2)
    Smith Chart calculator for X
z8530-utils2 (3.0-13)
    Utilities for Z8530 based HDLC cards for AX.25 (kernel 2.2.x)