Desktop Linux (fwd)

travis at scootz.net travis at scootz.net
Thu Feb 26 10:18:45 EST 2004

> Fair enough.  But my impression is that you often have a lot of
> negative things to say about Linux, almost whenever the opportunity
> arises to say them.  I'm not suggesting that Linux is perfect, or that
> everyone who participates on this list should be totally gung-ho about
> it.  But your posts often lead one to wonder why you're using it at
> all...

I guess it's just all the Linux zelots I've met over the years, and for
the few "linux people" I've met the percentage was very high of zelots to
non-zelots.

My thing has always been the best tool for the job and the easiest for the
user. Some Linux people just don't get that you can't just throw OSS tools
at them because they may not be the best tool for the job.

I love linux on my server, it works well for me. I just recently moved all
my users to my new server (RH9) that's located in a great facility and
they all seem happy and the move went very smoothly.