Desktop Linux (fwd)

Derek Martin invalid at pizzashack.org
Thu Feb 26 09:32:17 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 06:13:47AM -0800, Michael Costolo wrote:
> > That's a pretty narrow view of business computing.
[SNIP]
> Well, we were really discussing computer use at home.

To be more accurate, we were discussing the idea put forth by maddog
that people will start using Linux on the desktop in numbers only
after they start using it at work.   The latter will happen only after
businesses can use Linux to meet their business needs on the desktop.
This is only recently becoming a reality, and as a result you ARE
starting to see this happen.  But it will not happen overnight...

> There was a really good Hagar The Horrible comic strip a long time
> ago.  His daughter asks Hagar why the world is full of old cynics.
> "Because cynics live longer," was his response.

:)

--
Derek D. Martin
http://www.pizzashack.org/