Desktop Linux (fwd)

travis at scootz.net travis at scootz.net
Thu Feb 26 11:27:55 EST 2004

>> Nope, but if they can't look at the schedule that their manager has
>> made for them in Outlook/Exchange, and their co-workers have trouble
>> importing their documents properly into MS-Office apps, then it
>> doesn't matter if they can do it another way.  If they can't work with
>> the rest of their team, they're totally screwed.
>
> The evils of the Microsoft way...

This is the kind of stuff that I don't like, and I realize that he's
probably being sarcastic. But really, what is so "evil" about MS coming up
with something that businesses want and deliver it on a platform that
works. One of the HUGE reasons that a lot of business won't move off MS is
because of this. Managers LOVE pretty shared Outlook/Exchange calendars.