Call for participation: Open Source in libraries

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Tue Jan 6 09:05:49 EST 2004

> It is not clear to me what is great about the OpenCD package other than
> it exists.

    That was one of my key points; the CD already exists and is updated by
the group that maintains it.  When I distribute software to schools and
such, I typically grab TheOpenCD and then add additional software to it (the
thought of burning a CD that's less than completely full simply doesn't seem
right:-).

> It is rather easy to create a CD with the software and a
> simple web page that describes the software, has links to home pages and

    It's rather interesting, TheOpenCD folks want to replace the VB program
that functions as the CD's installer.  I've often wondered why they just
don't adopt a simple HTML page system similar to what you described.

--
  Regards, | "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket
  .        | fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who