Removing a project from CVS repository

Greg Rundlett greg at freephile.com
Wed Jan 14 10:24:25 EST 2004

I've looked all over, in the Cederquist, online, and in the latest
version of Open Source Development with CVS, and I can't find any
reference to the recommended way to remove an entire project from a CVS
repository.  Anyone know the answer?

For example I did this
cvs -d /usr/local/cvsrepo import -m "initial import into CVS" nhworknet
freephile start
to create a project called 'nhworknet' in my CVS repository.  I want to
remove it completely so that I could rename the project 'www.nhworknet.org'

I am assuming that since there is no command in CVS to do such a thing,
that you can simply delete the 'nhworknet' directory in the repository
and issue a new import command.  My only hesitation at first was that I
didn't want to create an inconsistency somewhere internally in my
repository.

Thanks,
Greg

--