Mail, PIMs, CRMs and not Windows :)

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 20:37:22 EST 2004

In a message dated: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:36:02 EST
"Travis Roy" said:

>Just an FYI, Entourage is not that close to Outlook. Office X is actually a
>totally seperate code base (as is IE for the Mac). Entourage is actually
>closer to Outlook XP as far as how it looks, but they're still not quiet the
>same.

Really!  Fascinating.  Didn't know that.  The past few months have been
the first time I've used a Mac in about 15 years.  Overall, I must say
that I'm quite impressed.  I was thinking of getting a PC laptop,
though now, I'm seriously considering getting one of the 15" powerbooks!

>That's what I use, with two seperate IMAP accounts. I never noticed any
>buggy-ness with Mail.app under Jaguar. Do you have any examples? iCal is
>fantastic.

I've heard of a lot of problems, mostly with not being able to save sent
mail on the IMAP server.  Being new to the environment, it's tough
to tell what's user error, server error, or client error.

Thanks,

Seeya,
Paul