SLUG meeting Monday, June 14th 7pm @ UNH ::: The GIMP 2.0

Greg Rundlett greg at freephile.com
Sat Jun 12 01:25:01 EDT 2004

I wanted to have Rob look this over before sending it out, but in the
interest of getting the word out with sufficient advance notice, I
decided to compose the message myself.

Monday June 14th, Greg Rundlett will be our guest speaker at the monthly
meeting of the Seacoast Linux User Group chapter of GNHLUG.  As usual,
the meeting is scheduled for the second Monday of the month at 7PM in
Morse Hall of the University of New Hampshire.  Go up to the 3rd floor,
meeting is held in Conference Room 301. See
http://slug.gnhlug.org/morse/ for directions and
http://www.gradschool.unh.edu/home/Map/UNHCampusMap.html for a campus
map.  Morse Hall is in the northwest quadrant of that map...click it for
a zoomed-in view.  A printable map is at
http://slug.gnhlug.org/morse/map.gif

Greg will present the Gnu Image Manipulation Program (The "it's too good
to be true, GIMP version 2").

*Program Schedule*

    * *Pre- Presentation*   - slideshow of GIMP graphics, Linux
      wallpapers (available on the GIMP compilation that will be handed out)
    * *Introduction* - what we'll cover, brief history of the GIMP
    * *The Free Software graphics toolbox:* GIMP, Scribus, SodiPodi, Blender
    * *GIMP 2.0 - *features and capabilities
    * *Live Demonstrations*   - "Getting the red out" and other
      demonstrations
    * *Getting and Installing GIMP 2.0  - *Linux (Fedora Core, Debian) -
      Windows
    * *"Free Rewards"  *Free Software comes with free rewards.  We'll be
      giving away some free software at the meeting.
    * *Recommended Resources *

*"FREE REWARDS"* to be given away at the presentation
10 GIMP discs (source and binaries of the software, and libraries for
various platforms and distributions)
20 sets (discs 1-3) of Fedora Core 1 to hand out (Thanks to PogoLinux)

Master copies of the following discs which you are free to copy during
the presentation
Business-card Debian unstable (Sarge)
Mandrake 10 (discs 1-3)

*Guest Speaker
*Greg Rundlett
Sr. Systems Architect and CTO of the Knowledge Institute in E. Kingston, NH
for more info see http://bdki.com/about_gsr.php
founder of FREePHILE, a free software consulting company that includes a
GNU/Linux community at freephile.com/tiki
for more info see http://freephile.com/company/gregRundlett.php

Note: I will be bringing a miniDV video camera to record the
presentation with the hopes of making it available to others who can't
attend.  Anyone interested in capturing the video feed for broadcasting
or conversion to DVD is encouraged to speak up.