Qmail Help

Kenneth E. Lussier klussier at sentito.com
Mon Mar 1 17:21:59 EST 2004

I am guessing that there are many on the list that are far more
knowledgeable about qmail than I..... Qmail does not do deferal notices
like sendmail does. When someone sends an e-mail and it goes through
sendmail, sendmail tries to send it, but it lets you know (by default)
at four hours and five days that it hasn't been delivered yet, and then
after 7 days, it gives up. With Qmail, it sits in the queue for a week
before gicing up. It tells you that it gives up, but byu then, the mail
has been sitting around for a week. I know that you can modify the
queuelifetime, but that just kills the message after a certain amount of
time. What I want it to do is to notify the sender after a few hours and
a few days if it has not been sent. Does anyone know how to do this?

TIA,
Kenny

P.S. Switching to Sendmail is not a viable option at this point.