looking for Word 2000 "Review Toolbar" equivalent in OpenOffice

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Mon Mar 1 21:31:31 EST 2004

Kevin:

I dug through OOoSwitch
(http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalogpricelists/ooo501.htm), as well as its
shareware cousin, "Taming Open Office"
(http://www.taming-openoffice-org.com/ftp/tow1-1.pdf) and couldn't find a
suggested replacement. Most of the functionality seems to be available, but
it's not as smooth as the Reviewing Toolbar. I wonder If you could develop
one based on customizing a toolbar.

There's "almost as good" options, of course. File | Versions will let you
see different versions if they have been explicitly saved, but it is not
enabled by default. And for those fans following along, the 'Track Changes'
equivalent is this: OO.o supports Word's markup scheme for revisions: Edit |
Changes | Show, or Record. The 'Record' option has to be selected before
that changes are made. I've swapped a number of documents with Word users
and the tracking is accurate.