List Archive (Was: Re: p2p, anonymity and security)

p.lussier at comcast.net p.lussier at comcast.net
Sat Mar 13 00:16:01 EST 2004

In a message dated: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:01:11 EST
Travis Roy said:

>If I see a phone number for somebody posted in a town hall, public library,
>the corner store, and somebody asks me for that persons number I'm going to
>give it to them without even thinking about it. If I see it at work, I might
>give the number to other people at work, but not people outside of work.

Hmm, interesting.  If someone asks me for someone elses phone number,
my reply is, "Give me yours and I'll have them give you a call."

Unless, I know absolutely for sure, without a doubt, the person in
question wouldn't mind me giving the phone number to the person
asking for it.

But that's me.  I hate phone calls, it's much easier to avoid
answering an e-mail.  Also, people can't easily track down where you
live by an e-mail address (sure, in most cases it's possible, but in
others it's not).
--

Seeya,
Paul