Large HD, old BIOS

Cole Tuininga colet at code-energy.com
Mon May 3 10:18:07 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 10:14, Travis Roy wrote:
> Yah, that's what I was thinking.. Linux can ID the hard drive and figure
> out the size based on what that says, but if the BIOS won't let it see
> more then 8gigs it doesn't matter what linux thinks it is, the bios will
> stop it.

That's what I was wondering.  Not knowing much of anything about
hardware, I didn't know if the linux distro's ability to see the whole
drive would bypass the problem of the BIOS being able to see it.

> you could get an IDE PCI card.

Hmmm, that's a thought.  Anybody know of a brand/model that plays well
with linux?

--
Technical prowess can only compensate for a finite amount of
managerial stupidity.

Cole Tuininga
Lead Developer
Code Energy, Inc