OT -- 90-day limits in the financial world for downloading your data.

Fred puissante at lrc.puissante.com
Wed Nov 24 23:15:01 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 10:57, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> See, your local bank with 10,000 customers might be OK with keeping a
> meg of data online for you and sifting through it for what you want to
> see.   That's ten gigs of reliable online storage - not too bad.
>
> Then your bank gets bought by another bank which gets bought by another
> bank until there are three banks in the country, each with a hundred
> million customers.

Yep. This is exactly what happened. My accounts were initially at
*BankBoston* -- remember them? Then they got bought out or merged with
Fleet, and now Fleet has been consumed by Bank of America.

I find this all very annoying, but what can I do? I suppose I can close
down all my accounts and sign up with a local bank -- only to see them
bought out by Bank of America or another Really Hugh Institution a year
later.

Sigh.

Maybe I should go offshore and set up a bank for the rest of us. Oh, but
the IRS would just love that! :-)

--
Fred -- fred at lrc.puissante.com -- place "[hey]" in your subject.
The mass of humans on planet Earth -- regard them as the ebbing