OT -- 90-day limits in the financial world for downloading

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Thu Nov 25 18:44:00 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 10:36:48AM -0800, Jeff Smith wrote:
> Personally, I haven't used a bank in over 10 years.  I find
> credit unions not only don't have that problem, but I deal
> with people who actually understand and care for me, I get
> better rates, and I often get more services.  I believe
> Triangle in Nashua accepts just about anybody (they have a
> very broad membership criteria).

Triangle accepts, based on the fact that they accept me, anyone who
lives in New Hampshire.

> Not Linux I know, but it's the same concept - Credit Unions
> are actually owned by the people who bank there, so they
> have direct interest in how they operate.  You even get to
> vote in the annual meetings.

The idea is certainly to the same: power to the users. Power to the
people who deserve it, and have earned it. If you listen to the people,
you're promoting the right ideas: whether it's open source software or
business in general.

--
Christopher Schmidt
crschmidt at crschmidt.net