OT -- 90-day limits in the financial world for downloading

Jeff Smith linux_jjs at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 20:13:01 EST 2004

Fred <puissante at lrc.puissante.com> said:

> I find this all very annoying, but what can I do? I
suppose I can close
> down all my accounts and sign up with a local bank --
only to see them
> bought out by Bank of America or another Really Hugh
Institution a year
> later.

Personally, I haven't used a bank in over 10 years.  I find
credit unions not only don't have that problem, but I deal
with people who actually understand and care for me, I get
better rates, and I often get more services.  I believe
Triangle in Nashua accepts just about anybody (they have a
very broad membership criteria).

Not Linux I know, but it's the same concept - Credit Unions
are actually owned by the people who bank there, so they
have direct interest in how they operate.  You even get to
vote in the annual meetings.

jeff