The First Linux Distro?

Ken D'Ambrosio kend at xanoptix.com
Fri Oct 1 12:32:00 EDT 2004

Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> Whelan, Paul wrote:
>   Is there a distribution timeline somewhere?

In answer to my own question, LJ has a -- hopefully correct (I say this
because one of the pertinent pieces of info is in the "comments"
section) -- semi-timeline:

September '91: Linux kernel 0.01 released
October '92: SLS announced.
November '92: Yggdrasil CD-ROM*
June '93: Slackware hits the scene

*After a quick search, I'm unable to find evidence of this [it's the bit
that was in the comments section].  I -did- find a July '92 Usenet
posting where one Adam J. Richter proposed a Yggdrasil BSD distribution

-Ken