CVS Notify

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon Oct 4 15:36:00 EDT 2004

In a message dated: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 15:24:47 EDT
"Kenneth E. Lussier" said:

>I currently have CVS set up so that certain people are notified when
>changes are committed. It has been requested that the notification
>contain a diff of the committed file vs. the last file. Is this a built
>in function of CVS, or do I need to write a script to do this?

It's probably just a matter of writing a check-in hook to call cvs diff
on whatever was just checked in.

Do they want a diff per file that was checked in, or a repository level
diff?  (I don't think cvs does the latter, though I could be wrong, but
I know subversion does, not that that helps you any :)

It's probably just a matter of figuring out what triggers the e-mail
getting sent, and how that e-mail is created, then adding a few lines to
that script to call cvs diff on the 2 versions of each file being
checked in.

Seeya,
Paul