CVS Notify

Kenneth E. Lussier klussier at comcast.net
Mon Oct 4 16:53:00 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 15:34 -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:
> Do they want a diff per file that was checked in, or a repository level
> diff?  (I don't think cvs does the latter, though I could be wrong, but
> I know subversion does, not that that helps you any :)

They want a per file diff for the file that was committed Vs. the
previously existing file.

> It's probably just a matter of figuring out what triggers the e-mail
> getting sent, and how that e-mail is created, then adding a few lines to
> that script to call cvs diff on the 2 versions of each file being
> checked in.

Yeah.... I remember something about the loginfo file calling a script,
but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I keep coming across
files that generate a change log, but not a diff. I'm going to play
around with some of this stuff in the cvs/contrib directory and see if
any of them do the trick. If not, I'll just write my own and add it in.

Thanks,
Kenny