CVS, Mailman, and HTML

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Oct 19 12:13:01 EDT 2004

> Well, this is a good idea, but I have some issues with it. First, it
> requires a "group" account for access to the mailbox. Group accounts
> lead to problems because people can delete the e-mails, they can move
> them to a local folder, etc. I don't think that it is a matter of
> malicious intent, but rather, normal behavior. You read an e-mail, you
> either file it or delete it.

I think the original suggestion was for an IMAP shared folder.  You
control access with acl's, analogous to unix permissions.  Cyrus makes
this possible (in the perl sense).

Just as long as there aren't any Outlook users (I'm currently working
on a cyrus patch to make it outlook "compatible" - every other IMAP
client is just fine).

-Bill
----
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Text: bill+text at bfccomputing.com