Speakeasy DSL

David Roberts droberts at mc.com
Fri Sep 10 13:26:01 EDT 2004

bscott at ntisys.com wrote:

>On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, at 1:51pm, droberts at mc.com wrote:
>

>>The only problem I've had was the initial install.  Verizon came out to
>>the house and ran two new lines (don't ask me why)
>>

>  *Two* new lines is rather odd.  Typically, Covad DSL (which is what
>Speakeasy is using) brings in DSL on a dedicated line, so that means a new
>loop has to be provisioned from Verizon.  This is in contrast to Verizon's
>DSL, which typically "piggy-backs" on an existing POTS loop.

I *think* Verizon ran two new lines to replace the
two *old* lines, even though I was dropping the
second phone (used primarily for dial-up).  All I
know is I came home one day to find both wires had
been changed and the Covad guy used second one for
the DSL modem when he did his part.  Now I have a
"dedicated" line each for the phone and the DSL
modem.  I decided to just let it ride, keep an eye
on the bills, and not ask any questions (I hate
that glazed look you sometimes get when asking
questions).

dlr

--
"Linux: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste."
   -- As seen on the 'net --