Speakeasy DSL

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Thu Sep 9 11:51:00 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, at 1:51pm, droberts at mc.com wrote:
> The only problem I've had was the initial install.  Verizon came out to
> the house and ran two new lines (don't ask me why)

  *Two* new lines is rather odd.  Typically, Covad DSL (which is what
Speakeasy is using) brings in DSL on a dedicated line, so that means a new
loop has to be provisioned from Verizon.  This is in contrast to Verizon's
DSL, which typically "piggy-backs" on an existing POTS loop.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>