Sun "sells" Open Office to Microsoft?

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Wed Sep 15 13:22:01 EDT 2004

Michael ODonnell wrote:
>  http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php/20040914141417417

Looking at the SEC document itself at
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/709519/000119312504155723/dex10109.htm

It looks like the document was signed 1 Apr 2004.

What, is this some kind of April Fools joke by Sun & MS on the OSS
sommunity?

OO changed it's official name from "Open Office" to "OpenOffice.Org" and
insists on using the new name.  Would this fuzzy loophole make them immune?

I'm not sure whether to be amused or scared.

Brian

|   brian at datasquire.net            http://www.hirebrian.net  |
|                Simply the Best IT/MIS Manager               |
|          Self-taught, Fast Learner, and Team Player         |
|            Ready to Start TODAY at Your Company.            |