BitTorrent and Comcast?

Hewitt Tech hewitt_tech at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 10:50:01 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <travis at scootz.net>
To: <hewitt_tech at comcast.net>
Cc: <discuss at gnhlug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 7:14 AM
Subject: Re: BitTorrent and Comcast?

                .

> Okay, take into account that most internet users never report spam, they
> just delete it. Then figure that out of the number of people that report
> it do it incorrectly. Either by sending it to their own ISP, or to the ISP
> in the from address that is usually spoofed.
                .
                .
                .
I guess what puzzles me is that spam is almost always used on behalf of
someone who is trying to get customers. It's those companies that should get
burned. If spam is tracked back to them, and I don't see why it's
particularly hard since they always put contact information in their
messages, then it probably isn't that difficult to prove that millions of
emails have been generated relating directly to them. They should then pay a
price (loss of bandwidth, bogus products, whatever). In other words, don't
go after the spammer, go after the companies that hire them.

-Alex